1. A high ranking official on the National Libyan Council states that factions have developed within it. In part this reflects the cultivation by France in particular of clients among the rebels. General Abdelfateh Younis is the leading figure closest to the French, who are believed to have made payments of an unknown amount to him. Younis has told others on the NLC that the French have promised they will provide military trainers and arms. So far the men and materiel have not made an appearance. Instead, a few “risk assessment analysts” wielding clipboards have come and gone. Jabril, Jalil and others are impatient. It is understood that France has clear economic interests at stake. Sarkozy’s occasional emissary, the intellectual self-promoter Bernard Henri-Levy, is considered by those in the NLC who have dealt with him as a semi-useful, semi joke figure.
Inosmi.ru is a Russian website exclusively working on the media reports published around the world on Russia. The website translates all articles published yesterday, in the world, specifically in the Anglo-Saxon (A-S)part of the world. Reports coming out of the A-S part of the world on Russia is always with a particular nature and tone. Never, and I mean Never, in the articles of the A-S world, the writers see Russia as a country which is like theirs’, or with similar problems they might have in their countries. These ‘writers’ of ‘fantastic’ columns in all cases come up with something bad about Russia. That is the rule number 1 to write an article about Russia. If someone breaks rule number 1, then they are either not published, or reminded of the rule number 1 to follow. In this background, Inosmi.ru is doing a great service to the Russians by translating all these criticisms, badgering, disparaging articles about themselves! Who on earth would have done that! Consider the Soviet times in comparing to what is happening now in Russia. They literally opened up thousands of these type of outlets to freely feed the Russians on how the world is seeing and thinking about them. Continue reading “How the West (With Its Ingrained Racism) Becomes a Laughing Stock of the World”
Palestinian 15 year old girl (in west who are termed as a child) is now detained by the Israeli police, apparently for protesting against the brutality of the Israeli soldiers and the atrocities going on in recent days on ever debatable issue of Jerusalem. She was seen in pictures worldwide as showing her fist to the armed Israeli soldiers. Now the girl is detained and prosecuted in the court. Some reactions (or lack of reactions) below:
We dont know if this girl is the child of a lesser god, or this girl is an Untermensch (inferior people), which is now often seen as the attitude of a large part of the world. good analogy is given below, on, if the same had happened, not by the Israelis on the Palestinians, but the Russians on a westerners! No doubt the whole hell would have broken out. Protest from Rosa Park is not treated as equal to protest from this girl, even though this time, it is even worse in repression and brutality.
Well, we understand the duplicity, cowardice and double standard of the west on this. We understand their attitude towards the Untermensch, though we are daily lectured on human rights and freedom. We dont envy them on this. We were told about the western ‘values’ that made them different from the rest. Below is from New York Times column, beacon of such values:
One confused flabbergasted oriental mortal has asked, what does this mean? Meaning of the quoted sentence above. I dont want to go deeper into this. But now I understand what do those ‘values’ mean. Bravo.
Kees van der Pijl, a Dutch professor in the Department of International Relations at the University of Sussex and the president of the NGO The Committee of Vigilance Against Resurgent Fascism, recently finished writing a book titled “The Launch: Flight MH17, Ukraine and New Cold War” (Der Abschuss: Flug MH17, die Ukraine und der neue Kalte Krieg). The German-language version of the book will go on sale later this month, and the English original and Portuguese translation will be available by the end of the year.
Professor van der Pijl examines the tragedy from a geopolitical perspective and asks: who benefited most from this disaster? And he answers: the US, which subsequently imposed sanctions against Russia, undermining its gas industry and checking its growing role on the international stage.
Specifically, the professor cites the following arguments:
– One day before the tragedy, the BRICS nations signed an agreement to establish their own bank, which the US saw as a rival to the IMF and World Bank.
– Vladimir Putin and Angela Merkel had settled on a new conceptual framework for resolving the crisis in Ukraine – without US input – and real progress was being made.
– In addition, once the Boeing 777 was downed, American gas companies were suddenly able to find the traction to kick-start their work in Europe and force Russia out of the EU market. Moscow was forced to abandon the construction of the South Stream gas pipeline, and relations with the government in Kiev, which subsequently became a pawn in the games played by the West, definitively soured.
Not a single European or American media outlet has reacted to the announcement of the book’s publication and its path onto the shelves of bookstores is unlikely to be an easy one. However, times are changing, and many people are taking an interest in and flocking to Professor van der Pijl’s blog, Der Abschuss Flug MH17, which provides information about the publication of the book as well as links to his sources.
Using the materials available to them, the authors of the blog intend to shed light on the absurd inconsistencies evident during the investigation, as well as the investigators’ stubborn reluctance to answer awkward questions. Some known examples are:
– How could Ukrainian President Poroshenko, who announced the tragedy 15 minutes after it occured, have known that the Boeing 777 had been shot down by a Russian Buk missile?
– Why does the investigative commission not take into account the results of the experimental destruction of a retired passenger airliner by the company Almaz Antey, while also refusing to take part in a second experiment?
– What prompted Ukrainian dispatchers to alter MH17’s flight path right before tragedy struck?
We shall soon see whether officials will block the distribution of the book and what the consequences of that might be. But events could take an interesting turn. As a result of Professor van der Pijl’s efforts, we will learn the price of not only the work of the Dutch commission investigating the tragic fate of flight MH17, but the European democracy and European justice as well…