Some more lights were shed on the Ukraine saga that gripped the world since 2014. This time it is from the Russian Institute of Strategic Studies (RISS) Director, retired Lieutenant-General, Leonid RESHETNIKOV. Original Russian link:
Issues on Ukraine, geopolitics. (Translated version taken from Fort-russ.com):
1. What does this proverbial “world government” want?
– Easier to say what they don’t need: don’t need a federated Ukraine, it would be a poorly controlled territory. It would be impossible to open military bases, install new air defense systems. And such plans exist. From Lugansk or Kharkov the tactical cruise missiles reach beyond the Urals, where our main forces of nuclear deterrence are located. And with 100% probability they could strike silo-based and mobile-based ballistic missiles on the take-off trajectory. This area is now unreachable to them neither from Poland, nor from Turkey, nor from South-East Asia. This is the main goal. Therefore the USA will fight for Donbass to the last Ukrainian.
2. So this is not about the shale gas deposits, which were found on this territory of Ukraine?
– The main strategic task – unitary Ukraine under their complete control for a fight against Russia. And shale gas or arable land – it’s just a nice bonus. A side benefit. Plus a serious blow to our defense from the disruption of the ties between the defense industries of Ukraine and Russia. This is already done.
3. We were outplayed: “son of a b$tch” Yanukovych had to be evacuated by spetsnaz, and Washington installed its own “sons of b#tches”?
– From the military-strategic point of view, of course, outplayed. Russia has a “compensation” – Crimea. There is a “compensation” – the resistance of the inhabitants of the South-East of Ukraine. But the opponent had already received a huge territory, which was part of the Soviet Union and the Russian Empire.
4. What is our most strategically dangerous section?
– The South is very dangerous. But there are still buffer states – the former Central Asian Soviet republics. While in the West the war is already on the border. Practically on our territory. The battle is now not between Ukrainians and Russians, but a war of world systems. Some believe that they are “Tse Evropa” (“Are Europe” – Ukr.) and others – Russia. Because our country is not just a territory, it is a separate huge civilization that brought its own world paradigm to the entire world. First of all, of course, the Russian Empire as a model of the Eastern Orthodox civilization. The Bolsheviks destroyed it, but produced a new civilizational idea. Now we are at the gates of the third. And we will see it in 5-6 years.
5. What will it be?
– I think that it will be a good symbiosis of the previous ideas. And our “fierce colleagues” understand this very well. Thus began to attack from all sides.
6. So a joint Russian-American fight against terrorism, in particular, with ISIS – is just a fiction?
– Of course. America creates terrorists, feeds them, trains them, and then gives the command to the whole gang: “Go”. They may shoot one “rabid dog” from this pack, but the rest will be incited even harder.
7. You think that the U.S. and American presidents are just tools. Who, then, creates the policies?
– There is a community of some virtually unknown to the society people who not only install American presidents, but determine the rules of the “Big game” for everyone. These are, in particular, transnational financial corporations. But not only them.
A reformatting of the world financial and economic system is taking place. There is an obvious attempt to rethink the entire structure of capitalism, without abandoning it. Foreign policy changes dramatically. The US suddenly dumped Israel – their main ally in the Middle East for the sake of improving relations with Iran. Why is Tehran now more needed and more important than Tel Aviv? Because it is in the zone of the encirclement of Russia. These shadow forces set the task of elilmination of our country as a serious player on the world stage. After all, Russia carries a civilizational alternative to the entire united West.